I came across an interesting article recently about treating depression without medication. Here is the full article:
Here is a summary of the 10 things they suggest you can try according and my two cents about them:
- Practice Mindfulness – Knowing what you have control over and what you don’t have control over is priceless. Know that you get to choose in each new moment what you want to believe and what you don’t want to believe.
- Laugh – Watch a funny movie or television show. This raises endorphins and works with the muscle memory in your facial muscles to subconsciously remember other times you laughed and were happy.
- Don’t Isolate Yourself
- Cut Toxic People Out Of Your Life – Sometimes you can do this, and sometimes you can’t. It’s more about your perception of those toxic people and the influence you allow them to have in your life.
- Try Alternative Drugs – I’m not sure I would recommend this one as they state it. I might recommend trying supplements, herbs, homeopathic remedies, etc.
- Eat The Right Foods
- Consider Acupuncture – I highly recommend this one. Look for a “community acupuncture” clinic in your city for affordability!
- Get Up And About – Even if you don’t feel like it. Movement helps!
- Grow A Garden
- Volunteer For A Cause You Believe In
Let me know what you thought of the article by leaving me a comment below.